Prof Bhik Kotecha
Presentations & Publications
Prof Kotecha has over one hundred presentations & publications, with the majority being on sleep related breathing disorders. His publications include 2 text books, 7 chapters and many peer reviewed articles.
The three top would include:
- A retrospective audit on 2485 patients undergoing drug induced sedation endoscopy, as this is the largest reported audit on this topic in the world.
- A review article on surgery in adult OSA in a Sleep Medicine Reviews Journal with an impact factor of 9.
- Kotecha technique of laser palatoplasty, as this was my personal contribution in innovating a new modification of previously aggressive and radical technique thus reducing overall morbidity associated with previous techniques.
According to Research gate data, there have been more than 2000 downloads of his published articles, more than 800 citations and 6000 profile views resulting in an overall 117.92 Impact points attained. A full list is provided below.
This was on”Aminoglycoside Cochleotoxicity”. This was an animal model basic science study with clinical implications that could be inferred in managing humans with Menieres disease. I acquired great basic science skills including fine dissection of neonatal mice cochlea and preparing tissue for in vitro culture and thereafter processing it for scanning and transmission electron microscopy
Textbooks & Book Chapters
Oxford Case Histories in Sleep Medicine
Himender Makker, Matthew Walker, Hugh Selsick, Bhik Kotecha & Ama Johal – Oxford University Press, 2015
Radiofrequency for Sleep related Breathing Disorders
Jagdeep Virk & Bhik Kotecha – Lambert Publication
- Bhik Kotecha. Snoring and OSA in Adults (Chapter 16), Logan Turner’s Diseases of the Nose, Throat and Ear. 11th Edition
- Bhik Kotecha & Mohamed Reda Elbadawey. Surgical Management of Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea. Scott- Browns Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, 8th Edition (In Press)
- Bhik Kotecha. Snoring and Obstructive Sleep apnoea, Key Clinical Topics in Otolaryngology, JP Medical (In Press)
- Bhik Kotecha. An overview of the management of Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, (Chapter 49), Principles and Practice of Lasers in Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, 2nd Edition, Kugler Publications, 2014.
- Bhik Kotecha & Christos Georgalas. Nasal Pathology in Snoring and OSA, (Chapter 34), Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery, Thieme Medical Publishers, 2013.
- Bhik Kotecha. Evaluation of the Upper Airway in Patients with Snoring and OSA (Chapter 5), Sleep Disorders, Chris Idzikowski (Ed), Intech, 2012
- Wright, A. Forge & B. Kotecha. Ototoxicity (Chapter20) Scott-Brown’s Otorhinolaryngology, Vol 3, 6th Edition, Butterworth-Heinemann, 1997
Peer reviewed publications
- Lechner M, Breeze CE, Ohayon MM, Kotecha B. Snoring and breathing pauses during sleep: interview survey of a United Kingdom population sample reveals a significant increase in the rates of sleep apnoea and obesity over the last 20 years – data from the UK sleep survey. Sleep Med. 2018 Oct 9;54:250-256. doi: 10.1016/j.sleep.2018.08.029. [Epub ahead of print]
- Sethukumar P, Kotecha B. Tailoring surgical interventions to treat obstructive sleep apnoea: one size does not fit all. Breathe (Sheff). 2018 Sep;14(3):e84-e93. doi: 10.1183/20734735.020118. Review.
- De Vito A, Carrasco Llatas M, Ravesloot MJ, Kotecha B, De Vries N, Hamans E, Maurer J, Bosi M, Blumen M, Heiser C, Herzog M, Montevecchi F, Corso RM, Braghiroli A, Gobbi R, Vroegop A, Vonk PE, Hohenhorst W, Piccin O, Sorrenti G, Vanderveken OM, Vicini C. European position paper on drug-induced sleep endoscopy: 2017 Update. Clin Otolaryngol. 2018 Dec;43(6):1541-1552. doi: 10.1111/coa.13213. Epub 2018 Sep 30.
- Warner E, Liu ZW, Lechner M, Kotecha B. Attitudes to local anaesthesia in radiofrequency thermotherapy sleep surgery: Our experience in a single centre with 42 adult patients. Clin Otolaryngol. 2018 Oct;43(5):1401-1402. doi: 10.1111/coa.13155. Epub 2018 Jun 25
- Lechner M, Wilkins D, Kotecha B. A review on drug-induced sedation endoscopy – Technique, grading systems and controversies. Sleep Med Rev. 2018 Oct;41:141-148. doi: 10.1016/j.smrv.2018.02.001. Epub 2018 Feb 24. Review.
- Veer V, Zhang H, Beyers J, Vanderveken O, Kotecha B. The use of drug-induced sleep endoscopy in England and Belgium. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2018 May;275(5):1335-1342. doi: 10.1007/s00405-018-4939-y. Epub 2018 Mar 19.
- Zhang H, Kotecha B. Using Nasopharyngeal Stenting Devices as a Novel Way of Surgical Planning for Obstructive Sleep Apnea. J Clin Sleep Med. 2018 Mar 15;14(3):491. doi: 10.5664/jcsm.7016. No abstract available.
- Kotecha B, De Vito A. Drug induced sleep endoscopy: its role in evaluation of the upper airway obstruction and patient selection for surgical and non-surgical treatment. J Thorac Dis. 2018 Jan;10(Suppl 1):S40-S47. doi: 10.21037/jtd.2017.10.32. Review.
- Kotecha B, Lechner M. Advancing the grading for drug-induced sleep endoscopy-a useful modification of the Croft-Pringle Grading System. Sleep Breath. 2018 Mar;22(1):193-194. doi: 10.1007/s11325-017-1611-5. Epub 2018 Feb 2. No abstract available.
- Bosi M, De Vito A, Kotecha B, Viglietta L, Braghiroli A, Steier J, Pengo M, Sorrenti G, Gobbi R, Vicini C, Poletti V Phenotyping the pathophysiology of obstructive sleep apnea using polygraphy/polysomnography: a review of the literature.Sleep Breath. 2018 Sep;22(3):579-592. doi: 10.1007/s11325-017-1613-3. Epub 2018 Jan 9. Review.
- Ferguson MS, Magill JC, Kotecha B. Narrative review of contemporary treatment options in the care of patients with obstructive sleep apnoea. Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2017 Nov;11(11):411-423. doi: 10.1177/1753465817736263. Epub 2017 Oct 23. Review.
- Dijemeni E, Kotecha B. Drug-Induced Sedation Endoscopy (DISE) DATA FUSION system: clinical feasibility study. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2018 Jan;275(1):247-260. doi: 10.1007/s00405-017-4765-7. Epub 2017 Oct 17.
- Kotecha B. Updated Minimally Invasive Surgery for Sleep-Related Breathing Disorders. Adv Otorhinolaryngol. 2017;80:90-98. doi: 10.1159/000470872. Epub 2017 Jul 17.
- Garas G, Kythreotou A, Georgalas C, Arora A, Kotecha B, Holsinger FC, Grant DG, Tolley N. Is transoral robotic surgery a safe and effective multilevel treatment for obstructive sleep apnoea in obese patients following failure of conventional treatment(s)? Ann Med Surg (Lond). 2017 Jun 9;19:55-61. doi: 10.1016/j.amsu.2017.06.014. eCollection 2017 Jul.
- Virk JS, Kotecha B. When continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) fails. J Thorac Dis. 2016 Oct;8(10):E1112-E1121. Review.
- Sharma SD, Kanona H, Kumar G, Kotecha B. Latest trends in the assessment and management of paediatric snoring and sleep apnoea. J Laryngol Otol. 2016 May;130(5):482-9. doi: 10.1017/S0022215116000980.
- S Sharma, H Kanona, G Kumar, B Kotecha. Latest trends in the assessment and management of snoring and sleep apnoea, Journal of laryngology and otology, 2016 (In press)
- J Virk, B Kotecha. Otorhinolaryngological aspects of sleep-related breathing disorders. J Thorac Dis, 2016;8(2):9-17
- A Arora, K Chaidas, A. Amlani, A Darzi, B Kotecha, N Tolley. Outcome of TORS to tongue base and epiglottis with OSA intolerant of conventional treatment. Sleep Breath, 2015, DOI:10.1007/S11325-0154-1293-9
- A Lovato, B Kotecha, A Vianello, L Giacomelli, A Staffieri, R Marchese-Ragona. Nasal and oral snoring endoscopy: novel and promising diagnostic tools in OSAS patients. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol, 2015, DOI: 10.1007/S00405-014-3473-9
- T Nicoli, S Gupta, B Kotecha. Radiofrequency thermotherapy in the treatment of tongue base lymphoid hyperplasia. The Journal of Laryngology and Otology, 2015, DOI: 10.1017/S0022215115000225
- C Tornari, G Wong, A Arora, B Kotecha. A unique complication of radiofrequency therapy to the tongue base. Int J Surj Case Rep. 2015; 8C:9-12.
- H Kanona, S Sharma, B Kotecha. Pulse oximetry – a necessary Investigation? The Journal of Laryngology and Otology, 2015
- H Powell, N Watson, B Kotecha. Pilot study assessing the efficacy of a novel treatment for sleep-related breathing disorders in patients undergoing sleep nasendoscopy: our experience. Clinical Otolaryngology, 2014, 39; 190-191.
- Virk, B Kotecha. Sneezing during drug induced sedation endoscopy. Sleep Breath 2014, 18:451-52.
- B Kotecha, A Hall. Role of surgery in adult obstructive sleep apnoea. Sleep Medicine Reviews, 2014, 18: 405-413.
- J Virk, R Nouraei, B Kotecha. Multilevel radiofrequency ablation to the soft palate and tongue base: tips and pitfalls. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol, 2014, 271: 1809-1813.
- V Veer, W-Y Yang, R Green, B Kotecha. Long-term safety and efficacy of radiofrequency ablation in the treatment of sleep disordered breathing: a meta-analysis. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol, 2014, 271: 2863-2870.
- J Virk, G Kumar, D Al-Okati, B Kotecha. Radiofrequency ablation in snoring surgery: local tissue effects and safety measures. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol, 2014, 271:3313-3318.
- A De Vito, M Carrasco Llatas, A Vanni, M Bosi, A Campanini, N de Vries, E Hamans, B Kotecha, C Vicini. European position paper on drug induced sedation endoscopy (DISE).Sleep Breath, 2014, DOI: 10.1007/s1132501409896.
- Gupta, T Nicoli, B Kotecha. Latest trends in assessment and surgical management of snoring in England: a prospective questionnaire study. Clinical Otolaryngology, 2014, 39(3):177-182. DOI: 10.1111/coa12245.
- R Marchese-Ragona, A Vianello, A Restivo, G Pittoni, M Lionella, A Martini, D Manfredini, B Kotecha, A Stafferi. Sleep-related adductor laryngeal dystonia causing sleep apnea: A sleep-related breathing disorder diagnosed with sleep endoscopy and treated with botulinum toxin. Laryngoscope. 2013 Jun;123(6):1560-3.
- B Kotecha, G Kumar, R Sands, A Walden, B Gowers. Evaluation of upper airway obstruction in snoring patients using digital video stroboscopy. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2013 Jul;270(7):2141-7.
- A Vroegop, O Vanderveken, K Wouters, E Hamans, M Dieltjens, N Michels, W Hohenhorst, E J Kezirian, B T Kotecha, N De Vries, M J Braem, P H Van de Heyning. Observer variation in drug-induced sleep endoscopy: experienced versus non-experienced ENT surgeons. Sleep. 2013 Jun 1;36(6):947-53. doi: 10.5665/sleep.2732.
- H Babar-Craig , N Rajani , P Bailey P, B Validation of sleep nasendoscopy for assessment of snoring with bispectral index monitoring. European Arch Otorhinolaryngology Apr 2012: 269(4): 1277-9.
- Arora, G Garas, J Kotecha, A Acharya, S Khetani, B Kotecha. Can biometric measurements predict TORS feasibility. Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, 2012, DOI: 10.1177/0194599814551438a57.
- B .Kotecha. The nose, snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea. Rhinology, 2011, 49, (3):259-63.
- A Trinidade, A Qayyum, A Lee, M Shakeel, S Osbourne, B Kotecha. Audit of otitis externa referrals and management in a tertiary care setting. J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2011 Aug;40(4):288-94.
- P Stimpson, B Kotecha. Histopathological and ultrastructural effects of cutting radiofrequency energy on palatal soft tissues: a prospective stud Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2011 Dec;268(12):1829-36.
- Prasad, B Kotecha, P Stimpson, R Heywood, E Chisholm. Evaluation of palatal and tongue base hyperaemia and its relationship to snoring and OSA using narrow band imaging. 09/2011, DOI: 10.1177/0194599811415823a451.
- A Ahmed, A Roy, T Abed, B Kotecha. Does dictating the letter to the GP in front of a follow-up patient improve satisfaction with the consult? A randomised controlled trial. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2010 Apr;267(4):619-23.
- R Heywood, H Khalil, S Kothari, S Chawda & B Kotecha. Radiological airway changes following bipolar radiofrequency volumetric tissue reduction. The Journal of Laryngology & Otology (2010), 124, 1078-1084.
- R J D Hewitt, A Dasgupta, A Singh, C Dutta and B Kotecha. Is sleep nasendoscopy a valuable adjunct to clinical examination in the evaluation of upper airway obstruction? Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2009 May;266(5):691-7.
- A Singh, H Al-Reefy, R Hewitt, B T Kotecha. Evaluation of ApnoeaGraph in the Diagnosis of Sleep-related breathing disorders. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2008 Dec;265(12):1489-94.
- M Lyons, H M Khalil, B Kotecha. Surgical approaches to the tongue base in patients requiring radiofrequency treatment for snoring. Clinical Otolaryngology 33, 167–169, 2008.
- E Chisholm. B Kotecha. Oropharyngeal surgery for obstructive sleep apnoea in CPAP failures. European Archives of Otor-Rhino-Laryngology (2007) 264:51-55.
- A Singh, B Kotecha. In reference to plasma radiofrequency preceded by pressure recording enhances success for treating sleep-related breathing disorders. Laryngoscope 2007 Dec; 117 (12):2260-1.
- A Johal, M P Hector, J M Battagel, B T Kotecha. Impact of sleep nasendoscopy on the outcome of mandibular advancement splint therapy in subjects with sleep-related breathing disorders. The Journal of Laryngology & Otology (2007),121, 668-675.
- Kotecha, A. Hannan. H. Khalil, C. Georgalas and P.Bailey. Sleep Nasendoscopy: a 10-year Retrospective Audit Study. European Archives of Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck (2007) 264:1361-1367.
- T Iyngkaran, J Kanagalingam, R Rajeswaran, C Georgalas, B Kotecha. Long-term outcomes of laser-assisted uvulopalatoplasty in 168 patients with snoring. The Journal of Laryngology & Otology (2006), 120,932-938.
- E J Chisholm, D Hajioff, B Kotecha. Influence of ethnicity on the frequency of nasal surgery – Rhinology, 44, 201-204, 2006.
- P Tassone, C Georgalas, E Appleby, B Kotecha. Management of patients with epistaxis by general practitioners:impact of otolaryngology experience on their practice. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2006 Dec;263(12):1109-14.
- B Kotecha. Managing Snoring and Severe OSA. The Practitioner May 2006 / Vol 250: 44-53.
- N Patel, J Gill, B Kotecha. How I Do It – Kotecha technique for laser palatoplasty. European archives of oto-rhino-laryngology and Head and Neck 2006, 263:152-155.
- S Hannan, B Kotecha. Acoustic parameters of snoring sound to compare natural snores with snores during steady-state propofol sedation. Clinical Otolaryngology, 09/2006;31(4): 341-2.
- E Chisholm, B Kotecha. The increase of the apnoea-hypopnoea after surgery is not always related to a real failure of the surgery. Clin Otolaryngol. 2005 Aug;30(4):381-2.
- HM Lawton, JM Battagel, B Kotecha. A comparison of the Twin Block and Herbst mandibular advancement splints in the treatment of patients with obstructive sleep apnoea: a prospective study. Eur J Orthod. 2005-Feb; 27(1):82-90.
- J Battagel, B Kotecha. Dental side-effects of mandibular advancement splint wear in patients who snore. Clinical Otolaryngology, 05/2005;30(2):149-56.
- J Battagel, A Johal, B Kotecha. Sleep Nasendoscopy as a predictor of treatment success in snorers using mandibular advancement splints. Journal of Laryngology and Otology, February 2005, Vol 119,106-112.
- N C Saunders, P Tassone, G Wood, A Norris, M Harries and B Kotecha. . Is acoustic analysis of snoring an alternative to sleep nasendoscopy? Clinical Otolaryngology, June 2004, Vol 29, 242-246.
- C Georgalas, B Kotecha. Predictive value of sleep nasendoscopy in the management of habitual snorers. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2004 May;113(5):420.
- P Tassone, C Georgalas, N Patel, E Appleby and B Kotecha. Do otolaryngology outpatients use the Internet prior to attending their appointment? The Journal of Laryngology and Otology, January 2004, Vol 118, 34-37.
- A M D Bennett, N Patel, B Kotecha, and A Al-Okati. Septal perforation secondary to Mycobacterium kansasii infection. The Journal of Laryngology and Otology, Dec. 2003, Vol 117, 992-994.
- T Tatla, G Sandhu, C Croft and B Kotecha. Celon radiofrequency thermo-ablative palatoplasty for snoring – a pilot study. The Journal of Laryngology and Otology, Oct. 2003, Vol 117, 801-806.
- G S Sandhu, A Vatts, D Whinney, B Kotecha and C Croft. Somnoplasty for simple snoring – a pilot study. Clinical. Otolaryngology.,2003; 28: 425-429.
- B Kotecha and J M Shneerson. Treatment options for snoring and sleep apnoea. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, Vol 96, Jul 2003, 343-344.
- J M Battagel, A Johal, A-M Smith and B Kotecha. Postural variation in oropharyngeal dimensions in subjects with sleep disordered breathing: a cephalometric study. .European Journal of Orthodontics 24 (2002) 263-276.
- L Badia, N Malik, V J Lund and B Kotecha. The effect of laser assisted uvulopalatoplasty on the sense of smell and taste. Rhinology, 2001, 39, 103-106.
- Olarinde, C Croft, J Battagel and B Kotecha. . Jaw Retaining device (Herbst Splint) in snoring an obstructive sleep apnoea: Objective evidence of its efficacy. Laryngo-Rhino-Otol., 2000, 225-226.
- A Shadaba, J Battagel, A Owa, C Croft and B Kotecha. Evaluation of Herbst mandibular advancement splint in the management of patients with sleep related breathing disorders. Clinical Otolaryngology, 2000, 25, 404-412.
- J Battagel, A Johal and B Kotecha. A cephalometric comparison of subjects with snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea. European Journal of Orthodontics, 2000, 22, 353-365.
- B Kotecha, S Fowler and J Topham. Myringoplasty: a prospective audit study. Clinical Otolaryngology, 1999, 24, 126-129.
- J Battagel, A Johal, C Croft and B Kotecha. Changes in airway and hyoid position in response to mandibular protrusion in subjects with obstructive sleep apnoea. European Journal of Orthodontics, 1999, 21, 363-376.
- H Myatt, C Croft, B Kotecha, J Ruddock, I Mackay and A Simonds. A three-centre prospective pilot study to elucidate the effect of uvulopalatopharyngoplasty in patients with mild obstructive sleep apnoea due to velopharyngeal obstruction. Clinical Otolaryngology, 1999, 24, 95-103.
- B Kotecha, S Paun, P Leong and C Croft. Laser assisted uvulopalatoplasty: an objective evaluation of the technique and results. Clinical Otolaryngology, 1998, 23, 354-359.
- B Kotecha, S Fowler and J Topham. National Survey of Management of Epistaxis. Annals of Royal College of Surgeons of England, 1996, Vol. 78, 444-446.
- B Kotecha, G P Richardson. Ototoxicity in vitro: Effects of neomycin, gentamicin, dihydrostreptomycin, amikacin, neamine, spermine and poly-L-lysine. Hear. Res., 1994, Vol. 73, 2, 173-184.
- J M O’Connell, M Tavassoli, B Kotecha and G P Richardson. . Binding and uptake of polybasic compounds visualised by fluorescence microscopy and autoradiography. British Journal of Audiology, 1993, 77, 335-336.
- G A J Morrison, B Kotecha and J N G Evans. . Ribavirin treatment for juvenile respiratory papillomatosis. Journal of Laryngology and Otology, Vol. 107, May 1993, 423-426.
- D P Martin-Hirsch, S Habashi, A H Hinton and B Kotecha. Orbital cellulitis. Archives of Emergency Medicine, 1992, 9, 143-148.
- D M Butterworth, A W Jones and B Kotecha. Salivary duct carcinoma: report of a case and review of the literature. Virchows Archiv. A. Pthol. Anat., 1992, 420:371-374.
- G P Richardson, B Kotecha and I J Russell. Tissue culture of mammalian auditory hair cells. Restorative Neurology and Neuroscience, 1991, Vol. 3, 106-107.
- T G O’Leary, B Kotecha and D Butterworth. Carcinoid tumour of larynx: clinico-pathological review. Irish Journal of Medical Science, Vol. 160, Apr. 1991, 109-111.
- B Kotecha, T G O’Leary, J Bradburn, M Darowski and C L Gwinnutt. Pain relief after tonsillectomy in adults: intramuscular diclofenac and papaveratum compared. Clinical Otolaryngology, 1991, 16, 345-349.
- B Kotecha, R A Cocks and M P Rothera. The management of epistaxis in accident and emergency departments: a survey of current practice. Archives of Emergency Medicine, 1990, 7, 35-40.
- Trends of snoring management in England. Blackwell publishing Ltd – Clinical Otolaryngology 37 – Head & Neck Surgery (2012) (Suppl 1) 73-117 Page 115. S Gupta, T Nicoli, B Kotecha
- Epiglottic Wedge resection and post-operative evaluation of swallowing in the management of obstructive sleep apnoea in adults. Blackwell publishing Ltd – Clinical Otolaryngology 37 – Head & Neck Surgery (2012) (Suppl 1) 73-117 Page 112. S Gupta, B Kotecha
- Use of digital video stroboscopy for evaluation of upper airway obstruction in patients with snoring.Blackwell publishing Ltd – Clinical Otolaryngology 37 – Head & Neck Surgery (2012) (Suppl 1) 73-117 Page 103. Kotecha, G Kumar, A Walden, R Sands.
- Functional outcomes after transoral robotic surgery for obstructive sleep apnoea. Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery 2012 (Suppl 1) 73-117 Page 97 A Arora, N Tolley, B Kotecha, Z Awad, A Hasaan, J Budge, A Darzi.
- Successful Management of tongue base lymphoid hyperplasia with radiofrequency thermotherapy. Blackwell publishing Ltd – Clinical Otolaryngology 37- Head & Neck Surgery (2012) (Suppl 1), 73 -117 Page 96. Nicoli T, & B Kotecha.
- Can biometric measures predict feasibility in Transoral Robotic Surgery (TORS)? Blackwell publishing Ltd – Clinical Otolaryngology 37 – Head & Neck Surgery (2012)
(Suppl 1), Page 86. A Arora, N Tolley, B Kotecha , A Acharya , G Garas, S Kehmani, C Davies, A Darzi.
- Results from Snoring Surgery – Laser Palatoplasty. Clinical Otolaryngology Volume 34 Supplement 1 July 2009, (Abstracts of the 13th British Academic Conference in Otolaryngology and ENT Expo. Liverpool, UK, 8-10 July 2009) Pg 37. B Kotecha.
- Anatomical microdissection of hypoglossal nerve and its relation to radiofrequency thermotherapy. Clinical Otolaryngology Volume 34 Supplement 1, July 2009, 37-38. H Khalil R Hewitt, B
- Validation of sleep nasendoscopy for assessment of snoring with bispectral index monitoring. Clinical Otolaryngology, Volume 34 Supplement 1, July 2009, 89-90. H Babar Craig, N Rajani, P Bailey, B Kotecha.
- The efficacy of mandibular advancement splint in treatment of snoring and sleep apnoea: objective documentation. Proceedings of the Seventeenth World Congress of Otorhinolaryngology, 2002, Pg.112. H Khalil, N Patel, J Battagel, C Croft and B Kotecha.
- Nasal CPAP for obstructive sleep apnoea: compliance and adverse effects. Proceedings of the Seventeenth World Congress of Otorhinolaryngology, 2002, Pg.113. J Gill, A Kalan, C Croft and B Kotecha.
- Septoplasty as a primary treatment for snoring. Proceedings of the Seventeenth World Congress of Otorhinolaryngology, 2002, Pg.114. J Gill, T Tatla and B Kotecha.
- The use of glycopyrrolate in sleep nasendoscopy. Proceedings of the Seventeenth World Congress of Otorhinolaryngology, 2002, Pg.298. P Lennox and B Kotecha.
- Somnoplasty (Radiofrequency palatoplasty) for simple snoring – a pilot study. Proceedings of the Seventeenth World Congress of Otorhinolaryngology, 2002, Pg.113. G Sandhu, A Vatts, C Croft and B Kotecha.
- A pilot study of coblator palatoplasty: assessment of morbidity and outcome. Proceedings of the Seventeenth World Congress of Otorhinolaryngology, 2002, Pg.113. G Sandhu, D Whinney and B Kotecha.
- Quantitative assessment of speech in patients undergoing laser palatoplasty. Proceedings of First International Conference on Snoring and Sleep Apnoea, 1997, Pg.34. S Paun, C Steer, P Ratcliffe, B Kotecha and C Croft.
- The role of sleep nasendoscopy in treatment selection of snoring patients. Proceedings of First International Conference on Snoring and Sleep Apnoea, 1997, Pg.44. B Kotecha, S Paun, M Lee, P Harkness and C Croft.
- Importance of temperature as an experimental parameter for in vitro study of aminoglycoside cochleotoxicity. Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Sept., 1994, Pg. 92. B Kotecha and G P Richardson.
- Duration of drug exposure in aminoglycoside ototoxicity. Proceedings of Politzer Society, June, 1994, Pg. 23. B Kotecha and G P Richardson.
- A prospective randomised study comparing pain following tonsillectomy with different methods of haemostasis. Clinical Otolaryngology, 1992, 17. Pg. 90. K S Patel, M Oyarzabal, B Kotecha and N S Tolley.
- Rapid aminoglycoside induced degeneration of hair cells in the neonatal mouse cochlea in vitro. Proceedings of 28th Workshop on Inner Ear Biology, Sept. 1991, Pg. 110. B Kotecha and G P Richardson.
- In vitro model system for evaluating the effects of ototoxic drugs. Clinical Otolaryngology, 1991, 16, Pg. 520. B Kotecha and G P Richardson.
- Pain relief after tonsillectomy in adults. Clinical Otolaryngology, 1991, 16, Pg. 417. B Kotecha, T G O’Leary, and M P Rothera.
- Intracranial and periorbital complications of sinusitis – Problems still with us. Proceedings of Irish Otolaryngological Society, Oct., 1990. T G O’Leary, B Kotecha, M P Rothera and R Kumar